Why isn't Nokia acknowledging my warranty?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia is not acknowledging warranty

I had given my Nokia device to service center via dealer <Paragon, Thane India> due to multiple issues
1. Voice not clear to the caller
2. Phone hangs / restarts on receiving missed calls
3. Volume key non functional
4. Device not detected on PC.

They kept the phone for a week and returned to me mentioning warranty and it is void. While i had a damaged screen earlier and got it repaired from Nokia paying 7 K INR. Not sure if this claim from Nokia is valid ?

Thanks Naveen

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia is not acknowledging warranty

I am sure all would agree here but we cant make excuses on Nokia's behalf. Did they tell you why? I would hate to assume that they will include it under the clause that would cover their backsides for damages caused by customers by not being careful which probably includes the drop and break of the screen. If your phone was working fine after the screen fix and after a while it started having problems with the voice and volume keys( physical issues) you should be able to get it but in India you have to hassle and nag for warranty specially from multi nationals.

ImHo as long as any repair work so far is carried out by official Nokia care (not some repair shop having a nokia sign) and the damage is not caused by abuse or negligence than you should get a warranty repair.

Good Luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziyachater