Question about SD card transfers.

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting a new SD card soon(today) and I was wondering if it's possible to transfer apps along with all the other media from one SD card to the other.

Currently I have pretty much everything on my phone stored in the SD card, including apps. So is it possible to transfer the apps so I don't have to download them all again?

Also question 2, what happens if I remove an SD card with apps? Will the apps still show up on my app list and just be unexecutable? Or will they not show up at all? And if I put the SD card back in, will they be ok again?

Question 3. Storing different apps on different SD cards. Is it possible to just switch SD cards in and out to use apps (like some apps stored on one card, some on the other) I want in a plug and play manner? What about other media?

Sorry for the long post and quite a few questions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Technically you can but you have to move all your apps to your phone then put your new SD card in then transfer all apps from phone to SD card
Thanks for the response. :) Yeah I thought of that, seems like a good idea for apps, but a bit tough when it comes to games. I don't have that much space haha.

I guess downloading the apps again isn't that big of a deal, but what is a pain is losing all my app data. :(

Thanks for the suggestion anyway buddy :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As a rule of thumb, I keep my apps on my phone and anything transitory (Music, Documents, Video files, etc.) on the card. I guess I don't install as many apps as some though. I could see it becoming problematic at lower storage levels.

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok I transferred everything over. None of the stuff is being picked up by the phone. Pics, music, documents, nothing. When I go to storage sense, everything is in the "other" category.

Any idea on how to fix this anyone? Thanks in advance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap