Lumia 1320- 8.1 update in Israel

W

WPCentral Question

Hi I would like to purchase Lumia 1320, but there is problem: When I checked the update availability in Microsoft official website I discovered that this model, as well as lumia 1520 don't even appear in the Israel part, while in other countries, they do appear with the update available.

So my question, how can I know if I will be able to update to 8.1 in this model if I buy it in Israel?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I love to see buyers doing research like this. Smart.

What you would be getting is a country variant (that means Factory Unlocked - no carrier branding). I'm sure your source knows what frequencies are needed for Israeli carriers. All those regional variants in the Middle East region are the same model, in all likelihood.

Check your carrier frequencies here for 3G/H+ Mobile country code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Check your carrier frequencies and class here for LTE List of LTE networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Check the specs and model variants here for 1320 Nokia Lumia 1320 - Full phone specifications

Check with the sales source to make sure of the variant (RM-994, RM-995 or RM-996) to be sure you have the right radio match up.

If the radio is a match, don't worry - you'll get the updates now and in the future. The great thing about country variants - no waiting for the carrier to push the update. It comes from Lumia directly.

I have a 1520.3 country variant for Latin America and I'm in the United States. I got my Cyan update and the device is working flawlessly for me here and when I traveled to Europe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon