Lumia 520 - display touching/backlight bleed?

W

WPCentral Question

Hi everyone, I just bought a Lumia 520 and I think I may have a problem.
When I turn up the brightness and i'm in a normal/dark place I can see two yellow fades on the bottom (like a blacklight bleed).
The phone is obviously usable, but it's kinda "ugly" and I'm not sure if it could lead to problems in the future.
I discovered that if I arch it up a bit (exactly the same as the now famous "bend test"), the display becomes more yellow starting from those zones, so I think the two yellow zones that I see are in contact with something inside the phone... Is it bad? Maybe i could just loosen up the screws on the bottom part?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I just bought a Lumia 520 and I think I may have a problem.
When I turn up the brightness and i'm in a normal/dark place I can see two yellow fades on the bottom (like a blacklight bleed).
The phone is obviously usable, but it's kinda "ugly" and I'm not sure if it could lead to problems in the future.
I discovered that if I arch it up a bit (exactly the same as the now famous "bend test"), the display becomes more yellow starting from those zones, so I think the two yellow zones that I see are in contact with something inside the phone... Is it bad? Maybe i could just loosen up the screws on the bottom part?

I would suggest not touching any of the screws on your own since this might lead to more problems and devoid your warranty. Rather, you may want to take advantage of the warranty of the phone you "just bought" and bring to an accredited service center.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap