The shutter on my Nokia Lumia 1020 gets stuck?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have had my Lumia 1020 since around May 2014. At first it worked great and I had no problems with it, but a few months ago as I started to use the camera more and more, the shutter started getting stuck. It can happen at the worst such as when I'm at a concert or a family party. I usually have to restart the phone, re-open any app that uses the camera, and close it out.

My girlfriend got her Lumia 1020 before I did, but she always had the problem. I thought that getting the preview for developers would help, but it didn't. I have also tried resetting the camera. If anyone has any ideas on why this is happening or what I can do, I will gladly listen.

Thank you :)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Lumia 1020 since around May 2014. At first it worked great and I had no problems with it, but a few months ago as I started to use the camera more and more, the shutter started getting stuck. It can happen at the worst such as when I'm at a concert or a family party. I usually have to restart the phone, re-open any app that uses the camera, and close it out.

My girlfriend got her Lumia 1020 before I did, but she always had the problem. I thought that getting the preview for developers would help, but it didn't. I have also tried resetting the camera. If anyone has any ideas on why this is happening or what I can do, I will gladly listen.

Thank you :)

I've been experiencing the same issue a few weeks back, and I've posted a thread on it with "Heart-stopping experience" in the title. However, the latest Preview for Developers update (8.10.14203.306) seems to have resolved the problem since I have not yet encountered it again - I just took over 400 shots in one day without experiencing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon