Lumia 625, saving Safe Search settings has no effect?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

If i click on the Magnifying glass icon on the bottom right, and search for something, it occasionally tells me that Safe search has filtered results, and shows me nothing. Yet when i click on Settings, the Safe Search option is clearly turned off. I tried setting it on and off again, but it still doesn't work.

Is there another switch i'm missing?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If i click on the Magnifying glass icon on the bottom right, and search for something, it occasionally tells me that Safe search has filtered results, and shows me nothing. Yet when i click on Settings, the Safe Search option is clearly turned off. I tried setting it on and off again, but it still doesn't work.

Is there another switch i'm missing?

Safe Search works by preventing access to malicious websites, or those which can be considered offensive to some audiences (such as images with explicit violence and nudity). However, even when Safe Search is turned off, potentially "unwanted" results are still blocked from immediate access... the key word is "immediate". For example, searching for "nude art" with Safe Search on will not give you any images with explicit nudity. But searching with Safe Search off will give you "pixelated" censored images in the main search page, but swiping over to "images" will show you these images without censorship.

The idea without Safe Search is to still give the user a hint that some of the search results may be offensive through filtering and censorship, rather than showing the user those results directly. But with Safe Search, those results are completely eliminated without even giving the user a hint of what they are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria