My HTC One (M8) Windows, why does Miracast lose connection to the Microsoft Wireless Adapter?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

HTC One (M8) Windows - Miracast loses connection to Micrsoft Wireless Adapter

Have fully updated HTC One (M8), windows phone 8.1. I can get my phone to "Project to Screen" using Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter but after a minute or so it disconnects.

FYI, have 2 MS Wireless Display Adapters linked to three devices: Windows 8.1 Dell XPS 18, Surface Pro (first version), and HTC phone. The computer and Surface both connect and stay connected no problem - in fact superbly compared to Netgear WiDi, etc. Very stable, fast, good experience.

Phone connection is another story. Maybe it is Windows phone OS, maybe it is a radio signal that is too weak from the phone.

Anyone have any ideas? Hopefully someone from Microsoft is monitoring this thread and can get this to the phone folks. Project to Screen is a fantastic idea, but not if it doesn't stay connected.

PCB

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC One (M8) Windows - Miracast loses connection to Micrsoft Wireless Adapter

Mirrorcast uses/recieves miracast and needs/is a dongle - monitor/TV needs a receiver for the signal. Hoping to fix what I own - which should work - rather than go for new stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes