Where are the WP 8 Outlook settings?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

WP 8 Outlook cannot find settings

Nokia Icon running wp8. Since google refuses to sync, I opened an outlook account for contacts and calendar. Sets up online perfectly, contacts and calendar all ready to go. Go to sign in on my phone (set up account via email set up etc) , select outlook. Sign in........'cant find your settings'. WTF?
I am extremely upset at the moment, so I apologize, but seriously? OUTLOOK IS MADE BY MICROSOFT THIS SHOULD BE A JOKE.
So, my question is, how do I set up an outlook account on wp8? How do I get it to sync contacts and calendar?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: WP 8 Outlook cannot find settings

I just checked on my 1520 and I have both the MS account and Outlook.com account available. When I tapped on the Outlook.com tab it told me that it would need to go to outlook.com to sign in. I did not go any further because I use Office outlook and not outlook.com. Did you see the screen saying to go to the outlook.com site to sign in. Do you have a dedicated outlook.com user name and password. Not sure if any of this helps but maybe you missed or overlooked a step in setup.

My apologies if this is a wild goose chase but I find that if I start over in setup sometimes, I see what I missed before. give it a try.

Turns out that you can't use the ms account info if you already have signed in when you originally setup your phone. You will have to setup a dedicated account for the outlook.com site.

I just tried to sign in and it asks for my Microsoft account name and password. It appears to work just using this sign in info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3