How do I disable the 1020 camera damper?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Disabling 1020 camera damper

So i have a nokia 1020 running 8.1 and i use a ram mount X grip to mount my phone to the windshield of my racecar. The car vibrates a bit and doesn't cause problems when i mount my digital camera, but when i mount the phone the video recording is very wavey and is terrible to look at. The video of the tracks i run is basically useless because you can't make any details out from the motion of the waves.

I assume this is the camera damper attempting to compensate for the vibration. Is there a way to disable this? I also use a program called Track Attack that logs video, GPS, & G sensor information and the video looks the same. Ideally, i'd like to be able to disable the camera damper even when i'm using other apps.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Disabling 1020 camera damper

The 1020 uses Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), which uses springs to allow the lenses to float within the camera mechanism. That way, when you are holding your phone to take a picture, the lens will hopefully stay steady against small amounts of hand shake. As a simple mechanical device, there isn't a way to turn off OIS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb