Lumia's reply to my tweet regarding Denim Rollout.

crunkizzlekid

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Today I tweeted Lumia asking about a timeframe for when the Lumia Denim will roll out for my Lumia 1520 and this is what I got as their response; "Hey there, it'll roll out soon following the testing and carriers' approval."
What's ironic here is the fact that here in India, there is no concept of carrier whatsoever, hence I'm having a little difficulty here coming to any conclusion on when to expect Denim.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Carrier testing may be part of the firmware testing process. Millions of Windows Phones are updated to the latest updates through Developer Preview, so they can get quite a lot of feedback that way, but firmware updates are only released when the carrier clears them, or they are officially released by the manufacturer, in the case of unlocked phones.

crunkizzlekid

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Well, lumia is for worldwide so, they give that generic response, you should try tweeting Microsoft India instead
I tried, it's the same response all across. Hope it come out soon anyways, it's already past mid fourth quarter already, I don't know why Microsoft does that in the first place, I mean what's the point of announcing something in so much advance when it's not ready or whatsoever for general distribution shortly afterwards.

teamkillYAY

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
One of the bad things about andriod, and windows phones (and love about iPhones) is the time it take from when a major update is announced, to when it is ready for users to download. I would rather MS keep the updates mute until they are ready to announce and push to users , rather then announce and keep us waiting and waiting, and feeling like we made a mistake choosing one handset over another! This was one reason I left druid - it felt like my phone never got suport

cocopops

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
This is a pretty old school marketing tactic.. You make the announcement so anybody on the fence about which platform to go for might hold out until the update hits to see it in all its glory.. They normally make the announcements at key times when competitor activity is high to catch the fence sitters attention.. Time to roll out may vary but the work has been done. As a very basic summary.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
How can't you have carriers in your country? Even in a country variant (not branded), carriers have to validate the radiofrequency part (radio ROM) as your Lumia is ALSO a phone and use their cellular service. So yes it's a standard answer and not having branded variants should mean validation should be faster (as your operators don't add nor remove anything from the FW)

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This is a pretty old school marketing tactic.. You make the announcement so anybody on the fence about which platform to go for might hold out until the update hits to see it in all its glory.. They normally make the announcements at key times when competitor activity is high to catch the fence sitters attention.. Time to roll out may vary but the work has been done. As a very basic summary.
That may be so but the key to succeeding is to make sure turn around time is acceptable. 1-2 months is fine, 3-4 is pushing it, any further is unacceptable. Its also based on the timing of the competition as well. You don't want to announce something so early that the competition ends up releasing their own version sooner. You may have announced it first but they brought it out first so they get all the attention and sales.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
One of the bad things about andriod, and windows phones (and love about iPhones) is the time it take from when a major update is announced, to when it is ready for users to download. I would rather MS keep the updates mute until they are ready to announce and push to users , rather then announce and keep us waiting and waiting, and feeling like we made a mistake choosing one handset over another!
Yes, ignorance can be bliss.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
How can't you have carriers in your country? Even in a country variant (not branded), carriers have to validate the radiofrequency part (radio ROM) as your Lumia is ALSO a phone and use their cellular service. So yes it's a standard answer and not having branded variants should mean validation should be faster (as your operators don't add nor remove anything from the FW)

Is this true?
I mean i don't think the carriers have anything to do with the device releases in India, since OEM companies sell the phones directly in shops (in this case, Nokia outlets-yes, still they do exist-and other private shops). We can use whatever network sim card we chose which we will buy from a Vodafone or Airtel or any other shops. We are not 'limited' to any updates or upgrades or usage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism