Why isn't my battery saver working after updating?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

battery saver not working after update

Navigation buttons not turning off,light not dimming

Thiemo

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: battery saver not working after update

Hi,
I have exactly the same Problems with WP 8.1, Lumia 1520.
Previously I had the battery saver always on and everything worked fine. After the last battery saver update the soft-buttons remained dark even after disabling the batter saver. After some trial & error I made a hard reset with the Nokia Recovery Tool. With the untouched reinstall the battery saver worked fine. Then I installed the Update NOT while in Saving Mode but in normal mode with the result that the soft-buttons are still illuminated and won't dim out. Also the display brightness remains as bright as in normal mode. Finally it seems that battery saver isn't working on 1520 after the update. Can anyone confirm that?

Edit: I read some other threads with the same problem. Can I prevent the Phone to update the battery saver after a hard reset? A previous backup would install it automatically, right?

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: battery saver not working after update

Navigation buttons not turning off,light not dimming

Hi,
I have exactly the same Problems with WP 8.1, Lumia 1520.
Previously I had the battery saver always on and everything worked fine. After the last battery saver update the soft-buttons remained dark even after disabling the batter saver. After some trial & error I made a hard reset with the Nokia Recovery Tool. With the untouched reinstall the battery saver worked fine. Then I installed the Update NOT while in Saving Mode but in normal mode with the result that the soft-buttons are still illuminated and won't dim out. Also the display brightness remains as bright as in normal mode. Finally it seems that battery saver isn't working on 1520 after the update. Can anyone confirm that?

Edit: I read some other threads with the same problem. Can I prevent the Phone to update the battery saver after a hard reset? A previous backup would install it automatically, right?

Exacly... My Lumia 930 is not dimming the screen nor turning off soft buttons when in battery saver. The only thing that changes when in battery saver mode is the battery icon near the clock and the autosync (mail, etc) is disabled.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3