Can I set up my wifes new phone to her account (it's a Christmas present she won't get until the 25th) without there being issues with her current pho

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Two phones one account

Just bought my wife a Lumia 830 to replace her 520 as her Xmas present, I would like to get as much setting up done before she gets it on Xmas morning.

So if I were to put her MS account details in.....

1 Any issues having two phones on one account?

2 Will she see anything on her 520 to give the game away?

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Two phones one account

You can set the phone up just fine using wifi without a sim in it. But you cannot have two phones on one account unless you swap the sim card between the two phones. Trouble is the 830 uses a smaller sim than the 520.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

You can set the phone up just fine using wifi without a sim in it. But you cannot have two phones on one account unless you swap the sim card between the two phones. Trouble is the 830 uses a smaller sim than the 520.

Yes I noticed the SIM difference and I did think it would be one phone one account, so a bit of mucking about on Xmas day is called for, bound to be an hour or so of crap on the telly :smile:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

I just would have liked to have got all the updates and stuff out of the way before handing it over, not the end of the world but would have been nice to have it ready to go out of the Xmas wrapping :smile:

Nice phone though, we now have a 1520, 930, 520 and the 830 in the house and although I wouldn't give up my 1520 the 830 is a very decent phone (With the limited amount of playing I have done so far). The wife should be happy.

Especially as I can wrap up three things, the phone, the wireless charging plate and the Bluetooth speaker :smile:

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Good Xmas choice! (I heard the 520 display isn't great, but isn't bad either). Anyway, you can't have 2 phones on one account. If sync is on, all your wife's data will be synced via OneDrive and The Cloud.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

The wife is reasonably happy with the 520, she isn't a power user by any stretch of the imagination but she surprised me a few weeks ago when she was down on the coast with her sister and used her Surface 2 as a camera instead of the 520 stating the camera was better, so that gave me the idea of a phone with a better camera, she already has a Fuji bridge camera but doesn't know how to use it so it's become a change the batteries every six months when it comes out of the cupboard device.

At first I was thinking of the 735 but when I studied the form I thought the main camera on the 830 would be of more use than the dual lesser quality ones on the 735, then the lad got his 930 a couple of weeks ago and I have to say I was well impressed, if I had been going for a new contract I would have pushed the boat out and got her one of those as the contract deals on the 930 are as good as the 830's in the UK, but when I asked the outright purchase price yesterday of both phones, the 930 was ?399 and the 830 was going for ?259, add in the speaker and charging plate and it would have been a close run thing with the 735at it's best price.

The 830 is a really nice looking phone even when sitting next to the 930 and 1520, it will run Windows very well and should keep her happy for the next 16 months till our contracts are up or maybe beyond as it looks like a decent bit of kit.

So apart from having to pop back to a shop for a replacement macro SIM card, no more shopping for me :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GameYogi Private Limited