How do I add my credit card to O2 UK pay as you go?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Purchase apps via phone credit

hi there, I recently upgraded my O2 UK pay as you go Lumia 1020 which allowed me to charge my credit balance to purchase apps from the store, to a Lumia 1520 also on O2 UK and also pay as you go, however the option to use my credit isn't available on the 1520, I have spoken to O2 customer support who quite frankly have no freaking clue unless its an iPhone or Android, they put me through to the now obsolete Nokia Care Line and also a website about charge to mobile which does not apply to Lumias, so can I get this feature activated on my 1520? if I can how do I go about getting it active? O2 say they have no idea how to do it, altho I was assuming it was a SIM application or something.

Tiyamel

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Purchase apps via phone credit

hi there, quick update for you, i have finally solved this problem, after many calls to O2 who finally admitted that Charge To Mobile is NOT supported by Lumia phones and this was not an option, and that yes actually the Lumia range has carrier billing supported by my network and should be present at all times on my phone as this is a network feature, i don't know how i fixed it but what i did was this : I got a new SIM(new number) and then factory reset my phone, after it rebooted still had same issue so i removed new sim and replaced it with the original sim card and then once again factory reset my phone, after rebooting and choosing network and re-signed my accounts back in lo and behold the option to purchase apps with my spare phone credit has returned, like i say i don't know how it fixed it as i have reset my phone multiple times while talking to support staff and it never solved it, the only thing different was the new SIM that i put in to see if it was my SIM card (that did nothing either) but when i put my original SIM back in like i said after rebooting and reinstalling my stuff - it finally came up as a payment option, many thanks for the help, i am once again a happy bunny :smileyhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss