HTC One M8 Windows Randomly Restarting. Help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I got a HTC One M8 for Windows about a couple weeks ago. Ever since I got it, it restarts about 6-8 times a day randomly. It does it while charging, on battery, but mostly when not in use at all sitting on a table. I thought it might be overheating with the case I got for it, but I took it off and still restarts at the same frequency. I've already done a factory reset, which HTC support recommended I do, and it didn't help. When it restarts, the screen goes black with a white pixel in the top left corner, then goes to the HTC white screen, then Windows screen, then Verizon screen. Any help will be appreciated.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would go ahead and get that replaced under warranty.
You've done what you can with the factory reset, and the fact the reboots didn't stop means there's something wrong (obviously, I know) with the device and it should be replaced. (We don't have the capabilities to muck around under the hood and such.)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A lot of times such behavior is due to bad contact between the battery and the pins inside the phone that accept the current. In removable battery phones a shim often solves this. Since your phone is sealed battery, xandros9 is correct - return while the warranty is valid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes