Why aren't my Headphones working with my Lumia 1520?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Headphone not working with Lumia 1520

The speakers are working perfectly fine but there is no sound coming through the headphones. Noticed this problem couple of days ago. Have tried basic troubleshooting - Different Headphones, Tested Headphones on other devices etc. Is there an issue due to some update or is it a hardware thing?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Headphone not working with Lumia 1520

First, try restarting the phone. It could be a glitch in the software. After restarting, start playing music or whatever. Plug in your headphones then tap the volume up or down to pull up the volume control at the top of the screen. Make sure it says Headphones at the top of the screen, like my screenshot below. And of course, that the volume isn't at zero.

wp_ss_20141201_0001.jpg

ManinderJSingh

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site

It doesn't show the Headphones like you mentioned instead 'Ringer+Notifications'.It was working fine a few days back till it received some updates.
I tried the soft reset but even that didn't help either

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

So your phone is not recognizing when you plug your headphones into the phone. Do you have another set of headphones that you can try? There is a tiny switch in the headphone jack that allows the phone to sense when a jack is plugged into it. It's possible that your headphone jack has suffered damage that doesn't allow the switch to make solid contact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky