Is there any way to get these Android/iOS apps on my Icon?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have an Icon, and I L.O.V.E. the windows phone experience (not the Verizon experience, though! GRRR!) but there are a couple of apps that are only available in either iTunes or the Google Play store that I really need.

The first is my bank, it's a small town bank and I want to be able to use their actual app so that I can use the "mobile deposit" feature now that we live 50 miles from the nearest branch (no, we're not interested in changing banks).

The other is called "Encirca", and it's an app by DuPont Pioneer that is the only thing holding my husband back from getting a WP. Well, that and the bank app that still works on his ancient iPhone...

Heck, I'd try to build them for WP myself if I thought it were possible to do that with someone else's software and had the knowledge to do it. I'd read about something called BlueStacks, but it only seems to work for windows tablets/computers, not the phone. If there is something else similar, I'd be happy to give it a try too.

Thanks!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately there is not an Android App emulator that runs on Windows Phone. Short of the developer porting the App over for your Bank, it just isn't going to happen. Third party replication would be prohibitive due to the security factors involved for your bank.

I looked into the Encirca agronomy apps and I would think that would not be easily replicated by a third party as it is so highly specialized. In fact it appears that Android itself is lagging behind iOS. Android only has one of the 4 Apps that run on iPhone. Emulating iPhone for Apps is even rarer than emulating Android.

Sorry...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss