On my 635, how do I get the icons to stop flashing/flipping?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

635 icons flashing/flipping

I have had the Nokia 635 for a few months now, and as my introduction to the smartphone, I have lots of problems dealing with it. Today, I am wondering how to get the icons on the desktop to stop flipping and flashing. I thought it was cute for a while, but now I can't stand it. There is nothing there I cant fine elsewhere when I actually open the program.

So, how do I make them stay still so I can look and see things-without the blinking and distraction. It's like trying to read a map by strobe light! Everything in motion and flashing takes 10 times longer to visually acquire what I am looking for.

So how do I turn that off?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey, the flipping means that the tiles you have pinned to the startscreen are updating and giving you the most recent news/notifications. This functions basically makes the WP environment unique

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing you didn't know a whole lot about Windows phones when you bought the 635? I'm pretty sure you can't stop this btw. It's part of the OS. You could make every tile really small, then they won't flip I think.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: 635 icons flashing/flipping

Most third party apps have an option in their respective settings menu to turn off the live tile. The stock apps that come with the phone, not so much.. What you CAN do, is make the tile the smallest of the three sizes. They don't animate at that size.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can make the tiles small, they don't do much when small.

You can also replace those tiles with ones that are not 'alive' - try getting an app like Transparency Tiles (I think that's a name) and using that app to replace the flipping ones, although the active nature of these apps are part of the design of the OS.

Getting an iPhone is indeed a valid option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi