Why, after recent software update on my Lumia 630, can I no longer send emails?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have tried repeatedly deleting and creating new pop3 / smtp email account, even including a hard reset. My phone will not send email. It receives email no problem. I get error code 80072F30.

scottrh

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I've investigated all the suggested possibilities to no avail. The problem of not being able to send e-mail using my Internet email account (pop/smtp account) occurred after I downloaded the latest software upgrade on my Lumia 630 phone.

scottrh

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Local telecom service provider (Internet & e-mail) is Telkomsa & MTN is cellphone service provider. I think this is irrelevant as I believe there is a bug in the phone software as my service providers say there is nothing wrong with their servers and all my settings are correct. Any suggestions?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
All I can suggest now is.. Try using a different sim (I also want to suggest using a sim from a different provider, but not sure if that applies to you)

scottrh

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Finally solved problem of not being able to send e-mail from my Nokia Lumia 630 (POP/SMTP account) using WiFi. Seems every WiFi service provider has its own outgoing email server so one needs to set this up correctly. For folks with a similar problem, try the following as it worked for me. Go to All Settings & tap 'email+accounts'. Delete problematic email account (tap & hold). Tap 'add an account'. Select 'other account'. Set up the account as before but under advanced settings, insert the name of the outgoing (SMTP) email server provided by the specific WiFi host service being used (usually this info is available on the Internet webpage of the host provider or by phone). Usually no authentication is required. Alternatively (and this worked for me) set the outgoing (SMTP) email server exactly the same as the incoming server (in my case 'pop3.telkomsa.net') and check 'outgoing server requires authentication'. Usually no SSL is required.
If you are not using WiFi but rather a data connection (All Settings, 'mobile + SIM', set 'data connection' on), then the outgoing email server needs to be set to that provided by your SIM card provider, in my case MTN, which is 'mail.mtn.co.za'.

scottrh

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Just adding I was indeed mistaken in thinking my phone update was the cause of not being able to send email. It was a coincidence that I had the email problem just after I downloaded the latest 630 software update. Sorry Nokia - my apologies!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99