Is Zune compatible with Windows 8.1 to upload pictures?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Is Zune compatible with Windows 8.1 to upload pictures

I have a Nokia Lumia 710 phone. My laptop won't reconize

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is Zune compatible with Windows 8.1 to upload pictures

Try this... Download and install Zune. Have it place a shortcut on your Desktop.

Download Zune Software 4.8 from Official Microsoft Download Center

RIGHT click on the shortcut for Zune > click on "Properties" > click on the "Compatibility" tab > (enable) check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" > select "Windows 7" from the drop down menu > (enable) check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator" > click on the "Apply" button

Open Zune and then try to connect your Lumia 710. If the Drivers do not install you'll have to join the site and check back in for further advice on getting drivers set up.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

I tried this with the following results. When I first tested the program, it errored out but I tried again and it made program changes to be compatible with my Win 7. I saved the settings and opened Zune again to make sure it opened. I did not connect my phone but will do that later and post if there was a problem. If no posting later, no problems.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

I tried connecting my ICON to Zune and it would not recognize the phone. It appears that it won't work using Win 8.1 running in Win 7 compatibility mode.

I would suggest just using File Explorer and drag and drop to your phone.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Can Zune be download onto windows 8.1 surface pro?

Yes, I have Zune (the desktop software) running on my Surface Pro 2. It works great, is beautiful, and very useful. It is available, as a free software download, for PCs. It runs on XP, Windows 7, and 8.1. It syncs with my owned music on my PC and HTPC and it streams from Xbox Music and Video. It connected to Xbox Music (formally Zune) Music Pass. It has great podcast handling.

I buy movies from Xbox Video on my Xbox 360 and they show up on Zune on my PC and on my Windows Phone 8 Xbox Video, to be watched. Zune has amazing curated playlists of music too.

Sadly, Microsoft broke the direct USB syncing of the great Zune, on a PC, to Windows Phone 8 and 8.1. Amazing, just amazing.

Best Wishes.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I tried connecting my ICON to Zune and it would not recognize the phone. It appears that it won't work using Win 8.1 running in Win 7 compatibility mode.

I would suggest just using File Explorer and drag and drop to your phone.

ICON is not supported by Zune... WP 7.8 and Below.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I have Zune (the desktop software) running on my Surface Pro 2. It works great, is beautiful, and very useful. It is available, as a free software download, for PCs. It runs on XP, Windows 7, and 8.1. It syncs with my owned music on my PC and HTPC and it streams from Xbox Music and Video. It connected to Xbox Music (formally Zune) Music Pass. It has great podcast handling.

I buy movies from Xbox Video on my Xbox 360 and they show up on Zune on my PC and on my Windows Phone 8 Xbox Video, to be watched. Zune has amazing curated playlists of music too.

Sadly, Microsoft broke the direct USB syncing of the great Zune, on a PC, to Windows Phone 8 and 8.1. Amazing, just amazing.

Best Wishes.

Thanks kevin. I recently just downloaded it. I don't mind Xbox music on windows 8, in fact I love the design to be honest. It's a beautiful app.

But zune is lovely and it seems to be much easier to grasp and it visually appealing. Certainly better than the mess that iTunes is.

One thing I love about Zune is I am able to edit song info directly in the app itself. I can't do that on Xbox music, I don't think. At least haven't uncovered it.

One thing I don't like and it may prevent it from being my default player, is that when I press the volume button the previous and next song icons aren't there :( I'd like to be able to do that. Xbox music lets me able to change the song without needing to be directly in the app.

Also unfortunately you can't snap view Zune since it is a desktop app to be open the same time you have say word or interne explorer open like xbox music. Minor annoyance.

In all, zune will likely replace itunes(i use itunes as a secondary player to edit song info and album cover) but if ere was a way to make the buttons appear in the volume control it would replace xbox music altogether.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs