Flagship Android or Flagship WP?

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Last month I purchased a cheap Android with Kit Kat after spending weeks on it and getting used to the Android ecosystem I'm now wanting to upgrade to a flagship device (Samsung Galaxy S5 LG G3) or go back to WP and get a WP flagship which I know they're aren't that many (Lumia 1520 or Lumia 930 or the "affordable flagship Lumia 830"). Please help me with my decision and your opinions and suggestions are welcomed.

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Which one is the one that offers the best functionality for you? Depending on what your needs are will determine which is I'd best for you.

Apps: Not really a problem I got use to WP not having alot of apps but when I switched to Android I felt overwhelmed with the quantity of apps.

OS: I'm a pro on WP OS since using WP7 and Android I kind of got the hang of it.

Brand and Design: Since I purchased a cheap Android I'm looking at big brand Androids like Samsung LG HTC and 5" inch screen or less is fine. With WP Nokia now Microsoft Mobile either the 1520 but the 6" inch screen I'm afraid I might damage it since I wear tight fit jeans but my job I wear loose fit clothing.
Good on the hands. Good battery life.

Functionality etc. : Makes calls and texts takes good pictures. Good long time support.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't really speak on support for android but if you do get a high end Android device, more than likely you will get support for it. As for WP, you will get support for the 1520. From what I'm seeing, the 1520 does have great battery life. If size is a factor, if you go with Android I would suggest the galaxy line from Samsung as I know their phones are 5" -5.3" range. My wife has one. Her battery life seems good as she has had no complaints. I can't really speak on the other OEMs and what their models are like as my wife only used the galaxy series (s1,s3 and now s5). I originally had a Dell streak 5 which was 2 yrs ago.

As for the camera, there are some Android phones who take really good pictures. But overall I think the Lumia line has the better photography software and hardware.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I was wrestling with this recently, all the current Android flagship have plus and minus about them. The big minus they will all be replaced in the next 4-6mths.

The G3 has the biggest and best screen, Moto X stock Android, S5 the all rounder that excels at nothing. And then there's the M8, most interestingly comes Android or WP with identical hardware. I ended up with the WP M8 and have no regrets, I can't in any way recommended an 830 over it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen