Can I unlock my Windows Phone via voice to make a call with car Bluetooth ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Prior to the Windows Phone 8.1 update, I could double-click the phone button on the steering wheel of my car and my Lumia 920 would make the sound to indicate it was ready for voice commands. I could then say "Call home" etc.

Now, post 8.1 update, when I double-click the phone button on the steering wheel, the phone says "Unlock your phone first".

I'm forced to used a timed-lock on my phone (through work) and there's no way I can get the phone out of my pocket and enter my password whilst I'm driving.

I'm in Australia and have the region set correctly, so there's no Cortana (yet!).

Is there a new setting to allow voice commands when the phone is locked?

Thanks, John.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Prior to the Windows Phone 8.1 update, I could double-click the phone button on the steering wheel of my car and my Lumia 920 would make the sound to indicate it was ready for voice commands. I could then say "Call home" etc.

Now, post 8.1 update, when I double-click the phone button on the steering wheel, the phone says "Unlock your phone first".

I'm forced to used a timed-lock on my phone (through work) and there's no way I can get the phone out of my pocket and enter my password whilst I'm driving.

I'm in Australia and have the region set correctly, so there's no Cortana (yet!).

Is there a new setting to allow voice commands when the phone is locked?

Thanks, John.

This is a feature expected to arrive with the Denim firmware update. However, this might be limited to devices that have Nokia's SensorCore technology - this does not include devices that are older than the Lumia 1520 (not sure if the 1320 has it). Older devices might need a firmware update that would allow them to emulate SensorCore, but that might be unlikely due to hardware limitations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon