How can I sync two lumias?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, I have a Lumia 930 and just bought another one for another SIM I have. It is possible to sync the new phone so that it automatically applies the same settings + apps as the older Lumia? If so, how can I do this?

Thanks so much!!

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
simply sign in with the same Microsoft account, that should get it. It'll access the backup your Userid created in the cloud. If you restore the new phone via the backup, viola.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
First under SETTINGS make a backup from your old phone. (I guess you already did).
Did you already switch on your new phone? If not switch it on and use your ms account from your old phone. During the setup you will be asked if you want to use a backup.
If you already put another account in your new phone do a hard reset and than the above.
Ps be sure that your new phone is fully charged.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
On 930 you go to Settings and backup your phone. When it's complete Hard reset (power+volume up) your new phone. And during setup you signin with the same primary email address you have on 930. It will prompt you to restore.. That's it

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
On 930 you go to Settings and backup your phone. When it's complete Hard reset (power+volume up) your new phone. And during setup you signin with the same primary email address you have on 930. It will prompt you to restore.. That's it

First under SETTINGS make a backup from your old phone. (I guess you already did).
Did you already switch on your new phone? If not switch it on and use your ms account from your old phone. During the setup you will be asked if you want to use a backup.
If you already put another account in your new phone do a hard reset and than the above.
Ps be sure that your new phone is fully charged.

What they ^^^ said explains it more thoroughly. AGREE, it really is that simple ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobColline