Any coding apps for Windows Phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm looking for an app that can program in languages like C# or Java, for example. I am sorely disappointed that iOS and Android have tens of apps for programming (i.e. Codeanywhere), but Windows Phone has none (except for 'TouchDevelop', which appears to crash/use a strange language that's just a building block to help absolute beginners get started).

I tried searching for some, but all I got was a bunch of results saying how to code for Windows Phone.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately they're none that I know of, but let's be honest here. Why would you want to program on your phone? If you want to program efficiently you're better off with a large screen laptop or a desktop. I know I can't program without two monitors (or perhaps an Ultrawide monitor, it's in my wishlist right now :p)

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately they're none that I know of, but let's be honest here. Why would you want to program on your phone? If you want to program efficiently you're better off with a large screen laptop or a desktop. I know I can't program without two monitors (or perhaps an Ultrawide monitor, it's in my wishlist right now :p)

Can you recommend a good beginner's programming book for C#? I've looked online and in book stores, but reviews and prices vary a lot. Thanks.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
No problem :) You'll learn just about anything in Microsoft Virtual Academy, after you're done that the same author offers a quick start to Windows Phone 8 programming (you have to learn C# fundamentals first.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven