LUMIA CAMERA exposure time: what's the longest?

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey all

First of all what's the longest exposure time on your Lumia? I only get up to 4 seconds. Is that really the limit?

Secondly WHY is there no exposure time up to 30 second or even custom time ?

Looking at iPhone 6 that can do 30 secs I think Lumia needs to step up!

Edit: And lets not forget about the ISO

The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have an ISO range of 32-2500 & Sony Xperia Z3 owns 50-12800

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
re:

L734 - shutter: 4 seconds; ISO: 3200

If these aren't good enough for you, perhaps one of the other camera apps in the Store will be to your liking.

Or buy one of the other phones you mention?

Edit: L735, not L734. Finger trouble!

Last edited:

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
L734 - shutter: 4 seconds; ISO: 3200

If these aren't good enough for you, perhaps one of the other camera apps in the Store will be to your liking.

Or buy one of the other phones you mention?

Lumia is known for its Camera Hardware and Software so my point is pretty reasonable. I should not have to buy another device. At least L930+ should have the option. However I will check other apps thx. Edit: I already own them

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe if you elaborate a real world photography problem, you might get a specific answer and a trip to the Photography subforums might yield more suitable results to a serious inquirey.

If this is just a thread about, "Why don't I have what Johnny has?" I think you knew the answer to that before you even made this thread... A Lumia is not an iPhone, is not a Sony, is not a DSLR, etc. If you have a specialty task you need accomplished, I would think a specialty tool like a quality DSLR and interpretive desktop editing software would be a better bet than ANY Smartphone. Most every high end Smartphone these days can do amazing camera imaging that was unheard of even 5 years ago. But serious photography is still best done with the correct tool for the job, a serious camera.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Maybe if you elaborate a real world photography problem, you might get a specific answer and a trip to the Photography subforums might yield more suitable results to a serious inquirey.

If this is just a thread about, "Why don't I have what Johnny has?" I think you knew the answer to that before you even made this thread... A Lumia is not an iPhone, is not a Sony, is not a DSLR, etc. If you have a specialty task you need accomplished, I would think a specialty tool like a quality DSLR and interpretive desktop editing software would be a better bet than ANY Smartphone. Most every high end Smartphone these days can do amazing camera imaging that was unheard of even 5 years ago. But serious photography is still best done with the correct tool for the job, a serious camera.

Yes I do have a DSLR. However it does not hurt to have a few tricks packed in your phone.

We all know that half of the forums here are useless & untouched and random users are still the best bet - yes it is.

Again I see no reason that Lumia doesn't allow us to do this. Anyways I just needed a confirmation.

And yes I want to stay with WP and WP only.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It is a phone, that's the main reason why. It was designed to use handheld so there's no reason why you need to use long exposures unless you're gonna use it in the situations where you have camera grip and tripod attached which rarely happens to most people, and that's where proper camera comes. So id rather get a dslr than use a phone in long exposure photography. And another thing, phone does not perform well in long exposures or in any serious photography cases cause it was only meant to replace point and shoot cameras not a dslr.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
It is a phone, that's the main reason why. It was designed to use handheld so there's no reason why you need to use long exposures unless you're gonna use it in the situations where you have camera grip and tripod attached which rarely happens to most people, and that's where proper camera comes. So id rather get a dslr than use a phone in long exposure photography. And another thing, phone does not perform well in long exposures or in any serious photography cases cause it was only meant to replace point and shoot cameras not a dslr.

Other phones that support longer exposure times are still phones .. I have a DSLR and I certainly know when I would use one or another. And I have my own techniques where I find a good use of a smartphone.
I'm talking in good for Lumia. Competition is competition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap