Renaming Phone's Photos and Folders on PC Causes Black Thumbnails to Appear in Phone's Gallery

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Lumia Icon with the 14219 update.
So.. the topic should say much. You rename a file or folder from the phone's gallery on the PC, the phone leaves a blank thumbnail in said gallery. I can't remove them. I tried rebooting, both normally and via Power-Vol+. Also tried Storage Sense to see if it can fix it... to no avail, did nothing. Any suggestions?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Just to be sure where you're pointing. Do you have the folders in Camera Roll or just Pictures?

What I would suggest is two things.

Not sure what version of Windows you're using but here's how it works in Windows 7.

Go to the directory you're after. In Windows Explorer (not IE) click Organize -> Layout -> Menu bar
Click Tools -> Folder options -> View tab -> under Hidden files and folders click Show hidden flies, folder and drives

You made need to refresh so hit F5

Now if you explore in the Pictures folder (even the Camera Roll folder) you might have some files in there with similar names to the folders you renamed (I can't remember what the extension is off hand). They're basically a holding file. You should be able to delete these.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani