How do I turn on double tap to wake on my Nokia Lumia 635?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

I went to display+touch but still can't find it...

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I might be wrong. But I know on my backup 635 it does not have double tap to wake nor does it have anything but a vibrate selection for the navigation keys. You cannot even select higher sensitivity for the touch screen like you can on even the low end 520. Good phone; but they left out many things to get the price down. Glance screen is not available on the 635.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That feature is not on the 635. likely because the phone lacks a proximity sensor which would be used to govern activation. (so it won't double tap in your pocket for example)

Kirsutin

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm 99,9% sure double tap has nothing to do with proximity sensor (it activates even when tapping the lower part of screen which surely isn't close enough to the prox sensor and also requires actual physical taps) and pretty sure not with glance either.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm 99,9% sure double tap has nothing to do with proximity sensor (it activates even when tapping the lower part of screen which surely isn't close enough to the prox sensor and also requires actual physical taps) and pretty sure not with glance either.

I can assure you that both glance and the double-tap-to-wake features are tied to the proximity sensor.

Should you cover the proximity sensor, double tapping anywhere on the display with not function. (phone thinks its in a pocket or place where its not in use, thus ignoring double-tap inputs)

If its uncovered, double tapping anywhere on the display will work, regardless of where on the display the taps occur.

The sensor simply serves as a "should I be enabled now?" check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05