Can someone help with some urgent SIM card errors on my Lumia 925 Windows 8.1?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Urgent SIM card errors Lumia 925 Windows 8.1

Hello, as you can see, i have a lumia 925 running the most recent WP 8.1 update. Since about the beginning of November, i installed the most recent update at the time. Then after about 7 hours of my phone being in my pocket, i took it out and began to use it by browsing the internet. An error appeared saying no sim card was inserted. I thought then that just taking it out when i got home would work. I did that, but the next day it happened again. I began to become suspicious of the update. Then, one day, i was glad to see a new update, which did not fix the problem. I replaced the sim card, but that didn't work. Ever since then, I realized it only happened when the phone was hot. I think this could be the problem, but i dont know how to fix it. It could also be the update which tells the phone to stop recognizing the Sim card after a certain temperature, though that is unlikely. My phone doesn't get any hotter than it use to, and i really want to be able to use internet for more than 5 minutes again. The problem also happens over WIFI, if that's important. Please help me, as i dont want to get a new phone with warranty.

Rave-on

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I am facing the exact same issue on my Lumia 1020. I play candy crush or watch some videos. As soon as the phone heats up it gives the 'sim error'
I know signal is not an issue as other Vodafone Sims on other Android phones just work fine.
Is there any fix for this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro