Why isn't Target's Mobile site loading in Internet Explorer on WP8.1?

W

WPCentral Question

Target Mobile site not loading in Internet Explorer on WP8.1

Hello,

The only way to do the etarget giftcards on a mobile phone is to visit m.target.com/giftcards/sign-in and then create an account and add the gift card. Everytime I visit this site on my Lumia 920 with WP8.1 using IE it automatically redirects to the regular Target site in both mobile and desktop versions. There is no Target app for WP and the only work around was to install the Opera mini Beta browser. There is something with IE and the Target mobile site where it just won't work. You need the mobile site to load so you can pull up your "barcode" for the checker to scan. Other than having to use the opera browser does anyone have thoughts on why this doesn't work?

tmark86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Target Mobile site not loading in Internet Explorer on WP8.1

I'm having the same issue and I'm pretty sure its something on Target's end. I have no idea why they are forcing the full desktop version of their site when it is easy to detect the Windows Phone browser as a mobile browser. Even typing in directly m.target.com redirects to target.com/?force-full-site.

I know that on iOS, the Target app just redirects to the mobile Target page to use mobile gift cards which should work the same on WP. This seems like a quick fix that Target could change to get Windows Phone working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3