Why do I have a connection failure on my Nokia Lumia 730 (DUAL SIM to Windows 8.1 PC)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Connection failure of Nokia Lumia 730 DUAL SIM to Windows 8.1 PC

Hello All,

I am facing a problem when I try to connect my new Lumia 730 to my Windows 8.1 PC (no "N" version).

The device appears in Device Manager in Other Devices as "not configured correctly" (Nokia Lumia 730) and the following entries with a questionmark: MS-ABTP, MS-TCC, Windows Phone.

I already tried several tricks:
- Uninstalling all the devices and connecting the phone again,
- Removing Micro SD card and trying to connect the phone without it,
- Swiching between charging mode and mass USB connection on the phone,
- Installing Windows Phone App (it cannot see the device).

Strange is that my work PC (also a Windows 8.1) connects the device without any problems.

Do you have any idea? Thanks a lot for your help!

BR
Peter

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Windows 8.1 PC have it. Search for it. It is for hardware and software. I'm Dutch so I do not have the English name for it.

You also can get to it if you push on the small flag in the taskbar off your PC.

Please also check onder "device manager" USB equipment.
They are the last in the row of the "equipment".
If you see your phone delete it there. (in my PC I see my phone 3 times)

Last edited:

Peter-K

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Connection failure of Nokia Lumia 730 DUAL SIM to Windows 8.1 PC

Hi,

I ran Troubleshooting as you described and it should have fixed the problem (Problem: "Hardware changes might not have been detected") but unfortunately it did not help. I removed the device (displayed 4x) but after running Scan for hardware changes it recognized again with the same failure.

BR

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

It is your PC related because you can connect it with your office PC.
Did you also try to use a different USB port on your PC (and a different USB cable)
When was the first time you connected it with your PC and is it possible to do a restore of your PC before that time.

Peter-K

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

it has never worked on this PC. I tried already different USB ports. The cable I did not exchange as it works fine with the same phone on the office PC. The problem with the canle is that Nokia did not deliver a USB cable with the phone so I could theoretically try many of them until I find the right one. But if this cable (by the way brand new) works on the office PC, why shouldn't it work with this PC?

BR

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Okay I agree you switched around enough. But what of the system restore (set it back a few day)

What if when you first connected the phone "something" went wrong. Because you get in device manager a "message" so the PC kind of sees the phone.
Now if you use system restore to set back your PC before you first connected the phone then this "something" should not be there anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05