Can someone steal data from my Lumia 920?

purpleray

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I was browsering on ie and then it popped a warnig virus message that ie has detected a virus on my 920 lumia device and it needed to be scanned. I pressed okay, it did a quick scan but in the end when it finnished i closed it quickly because I got scared? May it be a fake message and someone stole data from my phone?

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I was browsering on ie and then it popped a warnig virus message that ie has detected a virus on my 920 lumia device and it needed to be scanned. I pressed okay, it did a quick scan but in the end when it finnished i closed it quickly because I got scared? May it be a fake message and someone stole data from my phone?

ANY virus message that is displayed in browser is FAKE. On phones, computers, tablets, command line... everywhere. NEVER click flashing 'scan now' links that will download you a *exe or *apk files. WP is so far 100% immune to viruses, but your Windows PC isn't. ONLY EVER listen to 'virus found' alerts from antivirus software that's installed on your computer, and never click on links that seem fishy on the internet.
Install adblock plus https://www.google.si/search?q=adb&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=O8OWVPKZCoTdaoHmgPgD#q=adblock for your browser on PC, unfortunately WP doesn't support such an app.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
​Open mobile IE > ... (three dots icon, bottom left) > settings > advanced settings > make sure to check box "Use SmartScreen Filter" AND at Cookies from websites dropdown, select block some

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
How old are you, mate?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How old are you, mate?

Persons showing as a Guest in this subforum can not Reply, even their own thread. The ability to post in Ask a Question without registering is a one off and grants no member rights like a Reply button...

Capture.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb