Im confused whether im on cyan or denim

izzat7641

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
My phone state that im on cyan but when i turn off the PFD it state that im on denim.... Is this a bug or what.... Sorry if this question has been asked... :)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You're referring to Extras & Info? It's a glitch. Turning PfD on or off doesn't have the slightest influence on what the update servers think about your device. Even though it has been stated otherwise multiple times on these forums. The servers check for the firmware and/or OS version installed on your device. Nothing more, nothing less. I for one would say you're still running Cyan. You could simply check for the new features that come with Denim. Like the new camera features for example. If you don't have them yet, you're still on Cyan (like most of us).

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
It would also depend on the device you use and the region your device is from. It may possibly be a new error although this may not be the case. Some devices in some regions seem to be getting denim at the moment.

izzat7641

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
It would also depend on the device you use and the region your device is from. It may possibly be a new error although this may not be the case. Some devices in some regions seem to be getting denim at the moment.

I have checked the microsoft website and my device is listed for denim... My OS and firmware version on my phone matched on the latest version on the microsoft website (hope you understand though) soo.. Im kinda confused

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The DENIM (firmware) Update does NOTHING for some lower spec'd devices - thus you may not get a Denim firmware update, because Dev Preview brings you up to the latest iteration of the OS.

It would depend upon your device & region - notice the use of ' ... may not get ... '

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos