Glossy cases slippery? Lumia 635

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I still own a ATT Nokia Lumia 635 and i still use the Matte Black shell but I find it too slippery for my taste so I was wondering are the Glossy color shells slippery when it comes to gripping it with your hands?

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
No, the glossy ones have a much better grip to them. I own both, the black matte cover the phone came with and an orange one and the difference between these two is huge.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
The matte black is way too slippery. I got a thin Fosmon case for $6.95 and the grip is much better, though the case doesn't fit quite right around the buttons.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with the Terrapin TPU case I got for mine. Grip is awesome but the buttons are almost impossible to operate. That's why I prefer the orange shell.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I got the cases from Mobile nations for my two Lumia 635 phones. Haven't used them yet. Will post back here once I do start using them. They don't seem slippery at all. Loved the Fosmon thin TPU case on my Lumia 925.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Please do. I went through three cases before I found one that wasn't even more slippery than the phone itself. Turns out the Terrapin case is very grippy but it's really hard to press the buttons on the side. Maybe it would have gotten better over time, who knows. I've only used the case for about a week or two, then decided the hassle isn't worth it and went back to the orange shell with no cover at all.

I've since replaced the 635 with an 830 that I'm not too happy with. Might return to the 635 some day if Microsoft doesn't fix the apparent issues with the 830 (auto reboot, lost wifi).

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Please do. I went through three cases before I found one that wasn't even more slippery than the phone itself. Turns out the Terrapin case is very grippy but it's really hard to press the buttons on the side. Maybe it would have gotten better over time, who knows. I've only used the case for about a week or two, then decided the hassle isn't worth it and went back to the orange shell with no cover at all.

I've since replaced the 635 with an 830 that I'm not too happy with. Might return to the 635 some day if Microsoft doesn't fix the apparent issues with the 830 (auto reboot, lost wifi).
If you are looking for the 635, I listed my unlocked ATT version in the Marketplace along with the case (new) and a screen protector.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got a 635 and am concerned about how slippery it is. I think it is also the style of the edges. I won't get a case, but will check on other cases.
I only got this phone as an upgrade to LTE (ATT US) from a 520. I much prefer the size/weight of the 520 so will see. It was dirt cheap so not complaining, but hoping for more options soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss