Lost sound on Nokia Lumia 830, could it be anything other than hardware?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

It's not on silent mode. I have adjusted the volume. I can use headphones and hear sound, but without them, nothing. No ringtone, no music. I can take a call and hear the person, and vice versa. I tried to shut down the phone, and restart it. I also tried the option to return the factory settings. I guess it ' s a hardware issue.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem with a phone and it was a software issue. Difference was a hard restart (factory reset) fixed it, but you have already tried that. I do lean to the speaker being the problem, as headphones and your speaker for phone calls work.

Other than taking it to a Microsoft support shop for repair, not sure if I have any other advice. I am sorry. You can try their support site and see if their techs have any suggestions.

rubicj

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hry, I had this issue with Lumia 925 couple of times after using headphones, reconnecting and disconnecting the headphones worked for me or trying to gently move the headphones jack while connected to the phone. It behaved as if the phone wouldn't notice the headphones were disconnected. As I can remember restarting the phone wouldn't solve the issue.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This just happened to be this evening. Soft resets did not help. I just did a hard reset and now the speaker is working again. Glad I don't have to send it in to be repaired (for now).

After almost a year with no problems (and never a drop or anything of the sort), I've now had to hard reset my 830 twice in two weeks. At this point I just hope it lasts me til I get a new phone in a month. Can't rely on this one anymore, and having went through several 830s when it first released, getting another one is not an option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077