Why does Cisco AnyConnect freeze or disconnect after 30 mins? (Windows 8.1)

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My employer has provided a flash drive for me to use when I work from home. This is so I can connect to the VPN using Cisco AnyConnect. It works fine, but, after 30 minutes, it either disconnects me from the VPN, OR, all of my screens and applications freeze or move very slowly-- to the point where I cannot service my customers in a timely fashion.

There is a deadline for everyone to "switch over" to Cisco using the flash drives that they provided, but I fear my IT department is moving too slowly, as it only affects a handful of us-- most likely, all the Windows 8.0 & 8.1 users. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jan P.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
My employer has provided a flash drive for me to use when I work from home. This is so I can connect to the VPN using Cisco AnyConnect. It works fine, but, after 30 minutes, it either disconnects me from the VPN, OR, all of my screens and applications freeze or move very slowly-- to the point where I cannot service my customers in a timely fashion.

There is a deadline for everyone to "switch over" to Cisco using the flash drives that they provided, but I fear my IT department is moving too slowly, as it only affects a handful of us-- most likely, all the Windows 8.0 & 8.1 users. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jan P.

If it is literally after 30 minutes (or any specific interval) don't blame Windows. That is typically a timeout set on the VPN server side, not the client. Pretty common for people to not even know server timeouts are active. I have dealt with this sort of thing in the past and it is usually a configuration issue unrelated to Windows that needs to be fixed by whomever serves as system administrator....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124