Is the reception on all Lumias bad?

alacrityvirtue

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Reception performance on the lumias

The 830 does not live up to my reception expectations or requirements, I need it to be on par with the N900 reception wise. It appears the 930 is equal with the 830 in regards to reception performance. Am I right to presume all of the lumias, if not all of the recent Nokia's are the same when it comes to reception?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Reception performance on the lumias

What issues are you having with reception? Have you contacted your carrier and asked them if any towers in your area were being serviced?

I don't know anything about the N900, since it was never sold in the US.

Have you tried getting a new SIM from your carrier? I've had reception issues fixed by replacing the SIM. My carrier does not charge for a new SIM if I ask for one.

alacrityvirtue

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

I had to get a new sim for this phone because I didn't have a nano sim so the sim is brand new last week. I was at a local Harvey Norman today and they have an optus tower in their building and I still had issues, so did the department manager with his 930. Where as my N900 never had a single issue there. I was at the hospital emergency department for 6 hours yesterday and my phone reception was all over the place, even if I wasn't moving, have been there in the past with my old phone and never had an issue. I would have said it was just my phone until I watched the managers 930 do exactly the same thing. He is not fussed about it though because he uses wifi everywhere he goes, I use my mobile data for everything.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had to get a new sim for this phone because I didn't have a nano sim so the sim is brand new last week. I was at a local Harvey Norman today and they have an optus tower in their building and I still had issues, so did the department manager with his 930. Where as my N900 never had a single issue there. I was at the hospital emergency department for 6 hours yesterday and my phone reception was all over the place, even if I wasn't moving, have been there in the past with my old phone and never had an issue. I would have said it was just my phone until I watched the managers 930 do exactly the same thing. He is not fussed about it though because he uses wifi everywhere he goes, I use my mobile data for everything.
I can't speak for Australia. I'm jealous you guys are in summer and I am freezing my **** off for winter now lol

In regards to lumia, I've had the Lumia 810, 920, 928, 1020, and 1520 phones and I've never really had any complaints about reception. It just works for me.

Could it be a carrier thing possibly?

What is it doing exactly? Dropping calls or data or something?

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Love Vodafail, I see the signal strength for the Lumia (625 or 630) are not as steady as say the Nokia 2630! Use Hoptous and they can throttle virginmobile big time. Hellstra was fine before they chucked Kogan.

Not yet dropped a call, but its a bit unsettling to see the signal playing between 1 & 3 bars.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

In the days when I bought my Lumia 820 I faced several call drop issues but that was solved by wp 8.1 update.But I got green tinge issue.So some update will solve your call drop issue.
From Windows phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap