Where are my Voicemail Icon and Visual Voicemail icons?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Voicemail Icon and Visual Voicemail

I have no voicemail icon on my Lumia 635 (AT&T). Also the visual voicemail is not working. I have put in the password, but when I go to voicemail history there is no visual, just options to listen (play button), delete, call, edit contact. Have done a soft reset.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Voicemail Icon and Visual Voicemail

I think it might be a Firmware or carrier limitation you are bumping up against...

Try YouMail (online via PC Browser for setup) and the ISeeVM App for your 635. Both are free and work great together. I recently set that up for my 1520.3 when I moved to Straight Talk which does not support Visual VM. The features are outstanding and way better than the VVM I gave up when leaving T-Mo.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

I'm using Visual Voicemail using a Lumia 635 on AT&T. Make sure it's a regular AT&T wireless account, and not a GoPhone account.

I had to call AT&T and have the Visual Voicemail added to the account, because my previous phone was not LTE capable. It's free, but must be added to be activated. After spending a little time on the phone with customer service, they had me fixed up and working just fine. Loving it.

aurelian177

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

Seems like a good option. It depends on carrier ... I guess. What are the advantages of using this option if I may ask? It enables you to check voicemail without calling that specific voicemail number?

Me AV

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Seems like a good option. It depends on carrier ... I guess. What are the advantages of using this option if I may ask? It enables you to check voicemail without calling that specific voicemail number?

Me AV

Yeah, never call voice mail again. Just get your messages.

When I had it with T-Mo, I got a playable copy of the Voice Mail right on my phone... Caller name and time as a label and then play/pause buttons. Just open Phone and it was there under voice mails.

With YouMail I get a transcript on the screen and the play buttons. Options to get toast, text and/or email notifications of messages. Customized greetings including YouMail using my contact info to custom greet each missed caller by name if known.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Me AV
One can listen to the voicemails in any order he/she chooses. It isn't necessary to listen to them in the order in which they were received.

Voicemails can even be deleted without listening to them at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GameYogi Private Limited