Can I get some help with my Lumia 928 (asks SIM PIN code twice, MMS messages don't work)?

Sensonic

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Help needed with Lumia 928 (asks SIM PIN code twice, MMS messages don't work)

Been tired of waiting Verizon's official WP 8.1. update, I installed Developers Preview 8.1. to my unlocked Lumia 928 about 3 months ago. I live in Finland so I'm not using Verizon's network.

After that the phone started to show strange behaviour: it asks the SIM PIN code twice and the MMS messages don't work at all, neither sending nor receiving.

Now when the Denim update came, I tried to downgrade my phone with Lumia Recovery Tool. Then I installed Denim.

My problem is that the symptoms I described here above are still persisting: the phone will ask the SIM PIN code twice. The first one is real (need to enter the correct SIM PIN code, otherwise I won't get any further), the second one is a fake (I can enter there a random four digit PIN code and the phone will get me thru).

OK, if there are WP experts out there, could you please answer to these questions:

1) how to revert my Lumia 928 back to "from the box state", i.e. WP 8.0? There's got to be a way to flash it, isn't there? I'd like to get rid of that "two SIM PIN code" issue.

2) how to get rid of that MMS message issue? I know there are workarounds like using WhatsApp etc. but how to enable Lumia 928 to send and receive MMS messages? My MMS settings are 100% correct but still it won't work :(

Thanks a lot in advance.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help needed with Lumia 928 (asks SIM PIN code twice, MMS messages don't work)

I would probably flash the phone to the official firmware from Nokia Data Package Manager using Nokia Software Recovery while the SIM not inserted in the phone. Also, as far I'm aware, the SIM pin is confined to the SIM card and not the phone. Either way, the firmware flash should fix your issues. Also once you're done, use Access Point to enter all the APN settings, set the configure APN to automatic under cellular+settings

Sensonic

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help needed with Lumia 928 (asks SIM PIN code twice, MMS messages don't work)

Forgot to mention that it didn't work. It doesn't allow me to revert phone back to WP8.0.
It's just flashing the same Denim to my phone over and over again.

The software version of my phone is currently 3051.50009.1446.0093.When I run Recovery Tool, it'll downgrade the software to version 3051.50009.1446.0
I'd need something which would take me to the point before I had installed Developers Preview WP8.1 to my phone, like the original WP8.0.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoresAdrowe