Why does only some song data sync over Bluetooth on Windows phone 8.1?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why do only some song data sync over bluetooth on windows phone 8.1?

I have a nokia 920 and I use Bluetooth in my car that pulls the data from my phone. The data is saved locally to the phone. (usually loads song name and artist)

I recently upgraded to windows 8.1 on my phone. Since then only about half my music data shows on my Bluetooth. I have tried using other music apps. I have tried comparing ID3 tags to the ones that do work and see no difference. I've tried removing songs and readding them.

I installed a tag editor and removed the tags and recreated them. The data still will not load on the Bluetooth. I am not going to reset back to defaults to fix this because this is my third issue with this device that would have caused me to do that. Anyone got anything that has worked to get the info to load in the Bluetooth? It's only some files doing it and I can find no correlation between ones that do allow it and ones that do not. I've even reripped some from cd's without any luck.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible that the music which is skipped is DRM protected music?

Below text is part of the below linked article.

Audio or video files that are DRM protected cannot be properly shared via Bluetooth connection. The files may be transferred and even stored in a phone?s xBox Music hub, but you won?t be able to play them on the phone since the DRM protection on the file is not transferrable to a phone via Bluetooth sharing and the DRM protection will prevent the files from being played on the phone. DRM-related protections cannot be transferred or circumvented when sharing files via Bluetooth connection.

See below link for the total article

http://frommypocket.pocketprimer.com/receiving-using-bluetooth-shared-files-on-windows-phone-8/

Last edited:

bahamut1118

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: why do only some song data sync over bluetooth on windows phone 8.1?

I never thought to check, but they are not protected. They do play and the songs work fine. Only about half do not show the title and artist. It makes it weird that it worked perfectly fine before. I have no idea what changed between the versions.

bahamut1118

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks that did it for me. It triggered me to fill in ALL the ID tags on one. Every single field. When I rip music only half the data was coming and I had to manually enter everything. For half my music I was lazy. I filled in every field on one and now it works. I needed to fill in all the fields in all the ID3tags.

Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3