Lumia 1520 - Glance Screen how to

pakmul

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
How do we set up the Glance Screen on Lumia 1520 (WP8.1) ? What can be displayed there ?
Peek, interval . . . What/how does this work ?
Thanks,

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just go to settings and scroll down to Glance. There you can set various notification settings etc. it also works with the MSN weather app (it'll display the weather info on glance screen) but only if you have the weather app set up as your lock screen also ( in lock screen settings).

"Peek" is the most popular setting. With peek, the Glance screen will come on according to signals from the proximity sensor. In other words, say you have your phone in your pocket (proximity sensor closed)... You pull your phone out of your pocket, (proximity sensor open) and Glance comes on.

It also works by just laying your phone down on a surface (table/desk etc) the glance screen will come on just by waving your hand over the phone (activating the proximity sensor) that way, if your hands are dirty, you don't have to touch your phone to see any missed calls, texts, emails, Skype messages, weather info, the list goes on...

Btw, welcome to the site, and the 1520 club! I love mine... and I LOVE Glance!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I set mine to Always on. When it is in a pocket or I lay it face down on a table (my habit) the proximity sensor turns Glance off.

Then I pull it from the pocket or pick it up to check.

Set it to forward your Lock Screen notifications to Glance. It's all pretty much self-explanatory in Settings > glance screen.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... Bing Weather or Health and Fitness from Lock to Glance, but any other notifications from Lock go to Glance.

Myself... I have my Calendar in Settings > Lock Screen > Choose an app to show detailed status... So I see my Calendar on Glance.

My Lock Screen Background is my Weather (Amazing Weather HD) which shows detail on Lock Screen. (Calendar still shows up on LS too.)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Glance screen can only display the Bing's Weather app. I tried other apps as lock screen (ie. AccuWeather), Glance screen does not display it.

True. And just to head off any confusion for new users, or those just joining us, all of Microsoft's "Bing" apps were recently renamed to "MSN" (in the U.S. region of the store anyway).

Here's a link to MSN Weather (formerly Bing weather), which is the only one that will work with Glance if set up as the lock screen at the present time.

Weather | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss