how do i export text messages from my 635?

W

WPCentral Question

I really need to export a text message thread from my 635 to a transcript. I need this for an upcoming court proceeding. It would not be practical to have the judge, etc. scrolling through my phone in court; also, my phone cannot be entered into discovery. PLEASE tell me there's a way to export text message threads!!!

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
or IT can be copied & pasted somewhere (OneDrive, another Text message, forwarded, etc.) in conjunction with a screenshot.

Your text messages can also be backed up (I think to OneDrive)

Barbara Edwards

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
when they're backed up to OneDrive, where can I find them?
I know I can forward them to email (one at a time) or copy and paste to OneNote, but these options don't preserve the dates and times the texts were received, which are details I need for the court case

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I do not think you will find an app.
But did you already ask your carrier
If they can help you.?

Or buy a cheap 520 and use the same Microsoft soft account on it and during setup use the 635 backup. So a copy of your messages will be on the 520.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
If they are regular SMS your carrier should (must) be able to help you out. If they are for example from WhatsApp, screenshot will help you and emailing the conversation (I believe it includes date And Time). But disadvantage of emailing is if you got Too much texts it will include only recent 3-5 days

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes