WhatsApp on other two OS..can you save conversation?

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
First of dont try eat me because of the topic, I know we got some haters here..
And now..
Some of you have switched from iOS and Android and since I owned none I have no knowledge about this. On that two OS do you know if WhatsApp allows saving chat history on PC or store it anywhere else (except SD) to migrate later to new/other phone (device, not number)?

I'm just trying to foresee IF iOS & Android have that option when will it be available on WP. If they don't have it I know we won't see it soon. Because they get everything first

I have ~9 months daily conversation on Whatsapp. But on WP all conversations are stored in-app except on SD supported phones.. you know that. Anyway I need an option to save it somewhere.. I don't think it backups to OneDrive.. Because I might need hard reset my phone.

Here is why.
Last few days my 928 it acting weird, it's screen "touching" some random places when I have some apps opened. Soft reset doesn't fix it.
So far I noticed
-in WhatsApp (if it starts) it constantly swipes back and forth between Chats and Favorites. If conversation is opened first it closes keyboard then it swipes up and down. Just a little bit. But annoying
-in Zello it tries to press that big circle (for speaking)
-when I'm talkin on phone (if it starts) it nonstopping presses Hold button
In last two locking the screen stops it..until I unlock it again

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
You can save the backups from your windows phone and "transplant" them back in a other windows phone under your own id/account.
But only between the same platforms, you cant swap the whatsapp backups from a wp device to droid or ios.

You can copy the whatapp backups to your pc just like Android, thats no problem.
But due the crypto you can only open them on your device.

udupa1982

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As SSgt said, when it comes to backups WhatsApp behaves same way on all the available platforms and there is no difference. Your touching screen thing sound like the might be an first particle between the gorilla glass and the actual display and they might have been messing up your phone. This Judy my opinion and I might be totally wrong.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
You can save the backups from your windows phone and "transplant" them back in a other windows phone under your own id/account.
But only between the same platforms, you cant swap the whatsapp backups from a wp device to droid or ios.

You can copy the whatapp backups to your pc just like Android, that's no problem.
But due the crypto you can only open them on your device.
Ignoring the first part. I know about "regular" backup. Done that. And dont need swap chat from WP to other OS.

How do you copy it to PC?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just being thinking.
Since 8.x backups app settings in the cloud, doesn't it the same with the messages and the whatsapp backups?
You can try it out with a spare phone if you have one.

WP8.1 only backs up app settings if the app has specifically been designed or updated to make use of that feature. Older apps don't. So depends on WhatsApp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen