Why does my phone receive duplicate messages? Or sometimes it doesn't send/receive messages at all?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I just purchased a Nokia Lumia 635 and I'm not very happy this is happening. Never happened with my old phone. So is it the phone or the carrier?

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
You aren't alone. I get duplicate text messages from my wife from time to time. She is also a WP user. It started when I switched to iPhone and then switched back to WP with a 1520.3. Sometimes I only get one duplicate, but other times I get the same message seven or eight times, even after I have already responded. Its fairly rare, but it is certainly annoying when it happens.

​I have no idea what is causing it, or how to make it stop.

Nahuel 1988

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I've seen it before with users switching from iPhones back and forward. It's due to Apple's bad way of handling iMessage. Since your number gets stuck with it in their servers. Try to remove the number from the Apple ID or try to un-attach it.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
My mom has a 635 and this doesn't happen with her phone, though this happens to virtually every model of phone (not just WP, but Samsung, HTC etc) when leaving Iphone behind if their services aren't fully deactivated, as jwinch2 suggested.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss