Why aren't my contacts repopulating/syncing with Facebook after Master Reset?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My contacts are not repopulating/syncing with Facebook after Master Reset

I hard/ master reset my Lumia 1020 Windows 8.1 phone because it was running a bit buggy.

I have done this on previous occasions, with no ill effects. As soon as I sign in my Microsoft account, Facebook account, email accounts, etc., my contacts have synced with Facebook and all is as it was before the reset.

This time, with very few exceptions, my contacts are not syncing with my Facebook contacts...and it seems 'buggy' when I try to link. The Facebook profile photos are not showing up with my contacts.

At first I chalked it up to the possibility that it just needed time to sync, but in past resets, this was accomplished within the space of 4-6 hours or so. It's been 18 hours since my reset, and it has only registered/synced only about 20 of 800 contacts.

Any idea what may be going on?

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: My contacts are not repopulating/syncing with Facebook after Master Reset

Go into the Facebook app and go in settings. there you can select connect with phone.
There is also the sync status. I just found out as well that they are not even listed under "emails+accounts" anymore.
It is just the way Microsoft doesn't want to centralize the system anymore but wants you to go everywhere else. bloody hate the way all the good things in Windows Phone ends up being destroyed to be just like android and iOS

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

Since you were experiencing buggy behavior before you did the hard reset and then restored what you were using that was buggy, you just brought the problem back to your phone. I would suggest that you do a hard reset and start from scratch loading each app one at a time. All your data is still available hopefully this might solve the buggy nature of your phone. Just a suggestion that has worked for me in the past.

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Thanks kindly for your replies--

I went into the Facebook app and clicked on the "Connect My Phone" -- says it's 'syncing' but not doing much else--when I go into my contacts, there is a message at the top that says it's 'syncing' but only those same few contacts show up as synced with Facebook.. What is somewhat surprising is that a number of hose 20 or so-odd contacts are contacts that I have had marginal and/or no contact with in years.

I really don't want to have to resort to a hard reset with adding apps one at a time-- a very time consuming process-- if I don't have to, but I may not have any choices in the matter.... And Adrian-- You're certainly correct about Windows Phone and its loss of functionality/connectivity with other apps... it is very maddening. One would think that convenience and ease would increase with time, not degrade.

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I just got the message, "We weren't able to sync right now...try again in a little while."

I have the feeling that that's been the issue all along since the above-mentioned reset; Windows Phone just isn't interfacing with Facebook for some reason.

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I restarted my phone-- got a lot of #s to sync again; however, interestingly, it will not pull my wife's profile up.

Yes, I checked. We're still Facebook friends :sweaty:

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
There is a setting under phone that states whether to hide contacts without a phone number. If her facebook is not linked to the contact with her phone number then this setting has probably defaulted to hide the facebook contact.

Last edited:

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

There is a setting under phone that states whether to hide contacts without a phone number. If her facebook is not lynched to the contact with her phone number then this setting has probably defaulted to hide the facebook contact.

I hope you mean Linked, poor Wife if she got lynched... ^^"
But yeah, check the show settings, could be hiding some of your contacts.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Specifically its under settings, then click on people, then filter contacts. Also make sure facebook is checked on the main screen under people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel