Why are my apps getting pale and can not be opened?

audi360

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
My apps get pale and can not be opened

My Translate app tile on start screen got pale and tapping on it won't do anything.also from the apps list when I long press it there is only an Uninstall option and the app can not be opened from there. My Whatsapp got like this about 3 months ago and I had to Uninstall and reinstall it. Whay does it happen?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: My apps get pale and can not be opened

Its happened to me as well for Facebook Messenger and Skype a couple of times. It fixes itself in few minutes somehow. It feels like the memory on phone gets corrupt or something. This used to happen on my phone with SD card before but now it happens on Lumia 930 too. Not a very wide spread issue though as I haven't seen many threads on this forum about this issue.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

yeah, this has happened to me on several apps on my brand new 1020 - whatsapp and video player mostly, the icons like dim and doesn't open

audi360

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site

Its happened to me as well for Facebook Messenger and Skype a couple of times. It fixes itself in few minutes somehow. It feels like the memory on phone gets corrupt or something. This used to happen on my phone with SD card before but now it happens on Lumia 930 too. Not a very wide spread issue though as I haven't seen many threads on this forum about this issue.
So anyone know why this happens? My WhatsApp wasn't fixed even after a week and as I said I had to reinstall it

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

If I had to guess, this happens when the app is installed on the SD card, and the card has errors. Or if the phone it's scanning and fixes SD card errors. If your apps are stored on internal memory, it can be a cause of similar issues with the partition it's stored on. Or maybe corruption of the app identifier data.
Sent from my Lumia 1320 all the way from Jupiter.

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

This happened with my MSN News app this morning. It resolved itself after a couple of minutes though. Not sure what caused it. I checked my store history to see if it was maybe undergoing an update but it wasn't.

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I also have seen the same behavior a couple of times with some of my apps. In a Spanish blog they stated that this would happen when the phone was making a security backup of the apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizmizo