How do I disable my Nokia Lumia 730 screen after an automatic phone lock?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 730 - do not turn off display when phone is locked.

Hello, Can somebody advise - how to disable turn off of display after automatic phone locked. Otherwise i dont understand the idea of lockind screen(with multiply features) if is is not visible after few seconds because of black display.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The lockscreen's purpose is to protect your device from accidentally responding to unwanted touch events (e.g. while carrying the device in one of your pockets). Or - if using a PIN protected lockscreen - to restrict access to the device itself. The reason why the screen goes black/off after a while should be very obvious. It does it to reduce battery consumption.
I'm sure there's no way to disable that.

Dumich

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
IMHO smartpnone is allready in safe during lock screen. You can't do anything untill you pull it up. More over - i have a power button, if i need i can do this manualy ))). and even more - at least time out have to be changable. :unhappysweat:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The lock screen time can be set. Go to SETTINGS> lock screen > there you can set it.
I have a 930 and have in the setting an option NEVER.
Furthermore if you want to use your phone as a nightstand clock. You can check out the app CAR DASH. This is a app for in the car but it also has a clock and you can disable the lock screen. And in the store there may be more apps which can disable the lock screen.

But a disabled lock screen means the phone is not in "save" mode.
Some models also have glance to keep the screen "on" but the 730 does not have this functionality.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 730 - do not turn off display when phone is locked.

Please try car dash there is a setting to keep the display ON so you can use it als nigh stand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro