Why does my Music App in WP8.1 show the wrong artist in the background?

TrueDelena4ever

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Problem with Music App in WP8.1-Wrong artist background

Hi,
I have a problem with Music App on WP8.1. When I play songs by Eminem the app doesn't show me his backgroung picture but Lil Wayne's.Everything was good,then I transferred some new songs from my computer and then it happened.
how can I fix this.
I have L920

TrueDelena4ever

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problem with Music App in WP8.1-Wrong artist background

I use that app (Mpatool) for lock screen background and it works.But I am talking when I'm "inside" the app,when I open Music and you have currently song playing etc. And it that place,the background is wrong-it should be Eminem's pic but it' Lil Wayne.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

On positive side at least you have backgrounds I got nothing it's completely black and it's not Xbox music it's called music... So no support for me :)(

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

It most certainly does not.
Really? I wouldn't lie to you guys, I just tried it the other night when I posted in this thread and it worked fine for album covers and artist backgrounds! And I'm on WP dev preview 8.10.14219.341 w/Cyan firmware.

I was thinking though, I have had this app for a long time. It was one of the very first apps I downloaded way back when WP8.0 first came out. Maybe new 8.1 users can't download it from the store, as I don't even see it listed in the store any more.

Maybe that's why it's still working for me.

Live tile? No, it's never had that function for me.. Just does album art and artist backgrounds.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Really? I wouldn't lie to you guys, I just tried it the other night when I posted in this thread and it worked fine for album covers and artist backgrounds! And I'm on WP dev preview 8.10.14219.341 w/Cyan firmware.

I was thinking though, I have had this app for a long time. It was one of the very first apps I downloaded way back when WP8.0 first came out. Maybe new 8.1 users can't download it from the store, as I don't even see it listed in the store any more.

Maybe that's why it's still working for me.

Live tile? No, it's never had that function for me.. Just does album art and artist backgrounds.
It doesn't do album art anymore.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

It did for me... I'm telling you, I just tried it a couple nights ago and it worked! Added album art and artist backgrounds for several of my albums on my SD card.
Xbox Music adds Artist and Album art on its own. MPAtool literally *cannot* work with WP8.1. The dev has said as much

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Xbox Music adds Artist and Album art on its own. MPAtool literally *cannot* work with WP8.1. The dev has said as much

I did see the listing in the store where he states that it is not compatible with WP8.1, so it must be some sort of fluke that it still works on my phone. I used it to add album art, like I said, just a couple nights ago. (it wasn't Xbox music that added the album artwork... I definitely used MPAtool!)
I'll make a video tonight when I get home to show you it still works.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Well I tried it again when I got home, and you're right; while the app does start up, and it does find and download album art for albums that have the art missing, it will not follow through and finish by applying said album art to the albums.

I stand corrected. I guess I was just assuming it was working when I saw it downloading the art.. But it's not doing anyone any good if it can't apply the art to the albums! :/

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Just download Music Hub Tile. You can manually input album at artist images there.

Xbox Music is just a bad app based on my experience. Wont even sync my playlists right! The Hub Tile works great. It's basically the old Music+Videos app on WP8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo