Can't download music using Xbox Music - error code 80151200?

FlandersNed

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I can't purchase music using the xbox music app's store, as whenever it reaches the 'verifying...' stage on the confirm purchase page, it halts and comes up with the 80151200 error code as a reason for not being able to download.

The problem here is that looking up the problem points this towards a something to do with the music pass, which is something I don't have. Soft resetting my phone only results in the date/time being messed up. Changing my region has done nothing either.

What gives?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Is this the first time you want to buy music ? Or you could you buy in the past music but only now you can not?
How do you want to pay for the music. With a xbox gift card, credit card?. And did you already add the gift card or credit card to your Microsoft account?

Last edited:

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
The one and only time I had issues with Xbox music I connected live support via the web and they immediately walked me through it. Contact them, I am sure they will help you buy stuff from them.

FlandersNed

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Is this the first time you want to buy music ? Or you could you buy in the past music but only now you can not?
How do you want to pay for the music. With a xbox gift card, credit card?. And did you already add the gift card or credit card to your Microsoft account?

I have bought music from it in the past. I pay using an eftpos debit card. I had already added the card to the account and have used it before.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

FlandersNed

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Okay, one of the reasons of this error can also be credit card related. Please check your Ms account if the credit card info is still correct and or add it again.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...80151200/e811378c-c831-458b-ba1d-26ab39b24a81

Well, doing this certainly changed something. After looking at my live and xbox accounts I saw that my address was wrong, so I fixed it (and deleted/re-added the credit card on my live account.)Now when I attempt to buy music I get to the confirm purchase screen, but also with the app saying to add a credit card s it thinks I haven't added one. Attempting to add the same card doesn't work as it realises then that I still have it.

I'm assuming this is just the app not updating its info yet. Should I hold off on buying and wait for a little bit to see is this problem fixes itself?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap