I accidentally dropped my HTC 8x phone into water, can I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I accidentally dropped my htc 8x phone into water

I hv given it for repair bt he is lyk we cnt do anything nw!wt to do??

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I accidentally dropped my htc 8x phone into water

If it can't be repair, that's all there is to it.

You need to claim on the insurance (if it was covered) and get a new handset. If you use the same Microsoft Account, much of your content will be restored (depending on your previous backup options).

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: I accidentally dropped my htc 8x phone into water

I have face the same situation. I drop my phone in water but luckily my phone is off at that time. I wipe my Lumia 1520 with tissue paper then, put my phone into a bag of rice (the raw one,not cook yet). Somebody told me that, uncooked rice will dry up the water. Leave it a couple of days and viola, my Lumia 1520 is working. Make sure that there is no rice in the phone ports.
As in December, Malaysia being hit by the worst flood in history. My mum's Lumia 525 soak in the muddy flood for 5 days. While cleaning my house, I found that phone. I opened it,remove the battery, simcard and, sd card. Then,i cleanthe phone with baby wipes. Right now, I leave the phone in a bag of un-cooked rice. Maybe tomorrow i will give a try. This seems a bit complex as the phone is on at that time it soaks in the muddy water for 5 days!!
My family lost everything in the flood except the house. Hope my mother doesn't lost her L525.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christinaenth