Which browser allows smaller default font size than IE and good rendering?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi everyone,

Lumia 535 user here. I don't quite like how IE renders all text way too huge (in my opinion) on my devices 5" screen - it could pack much more information in one screen page by allowing smaller font sizes for people with good eyesight, but it doesn't. Therefore I'm looking for alternatives.

I tried Opera Mini Beta, which allows you to reduce the zoom level from the default 125% down to 100%, which gives me a nice, small font, but it renders the letters rather ugly... of course the 535's low resolution for a five-incher makes this issue worse, but somehow other apps manage to render tiny font sizes much better on my 535 than Opera does.

So does anyone know if the other browser alternatives are any better in that regard?

Thanks in advance!

mat619

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
OP here - forgot to log in before.

You can go here and adjust your text size for the phone - Accessibility on Windows Phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
I know that I can adjust the text size in that menu - but only to make it even larger than it already is! Which is the exact opposite of what I want. :straight:

Two suggestions regarding UC Browser so far, but no mention if it allows a smaller default font size / zoom factor, and if it renders well. Does it?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
OP here - forgot to log in before.

I know that I can adjust the text size in that menu - but only to make it even larger than it already is! Which is the exact opposite of what I want. :straight:

Two suggestions regarding UC Browser so far, but no mention if it allows a smaller default font size / zoom factor, and if it renders well. Does it?

Why not just give it a try and see if it suits your needs?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy