Why has my Lumia 925 stuck on the Amber software?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 925 still stuck on the Amber software

I can update most of my apps and the phone runs without any major problems but when I search for software updates it just says that my phone is up to date, which clearly is incorrect. However, while my phone is still stuck on Amber, I can update the apps, so that I have the functionality of the Black update. Could there be something that blocks the update? I'd really prefer not to have to factory reset my phone, as I have lots of recordings which I'm unable to transfer to a cloud.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925 still stuck on the Amber software

Why can't you transfer recordings to the cloud? I would run the Nokia Recovery Tool to at least see if it thinks a firmware update is available.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925 still stuck on the Amber software

Updates are large downloads... Anything over 100MB will not download over cellular and requires WiFi. Could that be stymying the update, lack of WiFi? Maybe...

Back up everything you can to the cloud and to a PC. Then use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool to flash the latest official to your phone. Restore data from the cloud and the PC backups. You can find the LSRT here: FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xzorax